Saturday, December 26, 2009

How To Get Out Of Credit Card Debt

Wednesday, while my fiance and I was celebrating an early Christmas with my parents and brother, I received a call. The call was from someone in Alabama (area code 334). They were wanting to know, how to get out of credit card debt.

My answer was blunt. Cut up and cancel the cards and pay them off as quickly as possible. The gentleman on the other end didn't like that. His reply was that he couldn't cut them up. To which, I bluntly told him, that he wasn't serious about getting rid of his debt.

This guy isn't alone. There are thousands more out there with the same attitude. Let's think about it for a minute. If you are unwilling to get rid of your credit cards, how in the freaking world do you expect to get out of credit card debt?
People, it isn't brain surgery, it's really quite simple. You can't get out of credit card debt specifically, if you are still using the stupid credit cards. Likewise, on a broader scale, you can't get debt free, if you continue borrowing. You MUST stop the borrowing completely before you can get out of debt. There is no other way around it. You have to learn to spend less then you earn. If you are borrowing, you are not doing that and thus will remain in debt.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
-----

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment