Monday, December 14, 2009

Murphy Trying To Budge His Way In

Wouldn't you know, every time I think that I am finally making headway something happens. As seems par for the course, that usually means happening in multiples. Even though two weeks ago, I won $100 holiday cash, I have yet to see the check arrive in the post office box. Last week I also won a $100 visa gift card, which I am told went in the mail last week, so I should have it by Tuesday.

Still though the kicker is that Murphy is trying his darnedest to move in to this house. I however, am doing everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen. First I had to replace a tire, then another. All in all, I replaced 3 old tires with used tires that had good tread. Only to have to replace 1 within 2 weeks of buying it and now the another one within a month of buying it. So I am ending up replacing the same three (3) tires again, this time with brand new tires. Once, this tire is replaced I will have four (4) brand new tires.

Then there is the fact that my battery is five (5) years old and needs to be replaced. I have already had to have it jumped twice. Not to mention the fiances wipers on her car has a broken linkage from the recent snow and ice, so that will need to be replaced.

The good news is that by the end of the week, I still expect to have the car paid off. That thanks to another unexpected windfall, that I will discuss later.

You know, I think that is why Murphy is trying so hard to hold me back, because he knows that I know debt is dumb and he doesn't want me to realize the freedom that I will have from being debt-free. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope all these windfalls do come in this week, so we can Christmas shop as well as pay off debt.

Still, I can't wait to laugh in his face and to be able to call up Dave Ramsey and proudly proclaim err yell, "I'M DEBT FREE!"


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
-----

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment