Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


It is that time of the year, when much of the country turns their attention to the Super Bowl. Even though, I am not much of a Super Bowl fan, I am among them. Especially this year, when the team I have rooted for since the late 70's is one of the two teams.

A team that has more Super Bowl appearances then any other team. A team that has won 5 out of 6 of those Super Bowl appearances. And if you are among those watching, you seen the longest play in Super Bowl history, when this same team made a 100-yard interception return.

Once, the game over I will have to get to bed, because tomorrow, I have the possibility of losing a days income. Why? Because I have a jury duty summons, and my group has to report at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Which, even though, I would love to serve on a jury, my employer does not offer jury pay. So I will lose income for anytime, that I serve on the jury. Financially, it could be a bad thing for me. At such a crucial time, when I am so close to paying of the last of my debts. Not to mention, that I have a position, that depends on me being there.

Well half-time is over. Time to get back to the game and those Super Bowl ads. What was your favorite Super Bowl Ad? What did you think of the game?




update: Steelers win 27-23. Also though it didn't play in my area (because we don't have them here) Jack in the box seems to be the most searched for topic steeming from their ad "hang in there jack." The commercial apparently involves the founder of the fast food giant being hit by a bus.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment