Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Real Vacation in 8 Years

I have not taken a real vacation since April of 2001. No plane flights. No distance traveling. All because of finances. Well, this year, I will be taking two days of vacation time and four days of actual time (counting Easter Sunday, when the store will be closed and my regular day off), and going yo New York.

The plan is to travel on Sunday and get checked into the Sleep Comfort Inn. On Monday, I plan to to take the train North to Hyde Park to see the FDR Library and Museum. Then once I get back to New York that afternoon, I plan to head over to the taping of Fox Business Networks "Happy Hour" over at the Waldorf Hotel. Then on Tuesday, I am considering using the hop on hop off tour by Gray Line to see some the hot tourist spots, like the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building and Ground Zero. That is, if it isn't possible to get into some of those spots on Sunday afternoon or early Wed morning before I leave. My biggest concern with the Gray Line tour is the $88 charge for the service.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment