Friday, July 11, 2008

Looking Forward to Sunday

A couple of days ago, I received a birthday card from my insurance agent. I was surprised when I seen it. Not that the practice isn't done by insurance agents, but because I hadn't seen mine do it before. So far, it is the only birthday card I have received. Right now that card is displayed in my leaving room. However, soon it will be in the shoe box with all the other cards I have received, since I started collecting cards.

Looking forward to Sunday, when I crest the proverbial hill, I have been thinking about things to do, while not damaging the budget to much. I have thought, I would go to I-hop for dinner after work, and then go to see my first roller derby match. It was just, last week, that I first found out, that Topeka even had a roller derby team. That team is known as the Capital City Crushers.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

2 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday! Have a great day! -Becky in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is about your 401k rollover situation. You don't have enough money invested to angst over it as you're doing. Open an IRA with a good mutual fund company and buy a good, basic (in that it's invested in solid companies) no-load mutual fund.You can direct this yourself. Or maybe put split it into quarters; 3/4s into an excellent no-load fund and 1/4 invested in one or two more aggressive funds. In order to get enough money together to retire, you are going to have to ramp up your contributions, instead of depending on market conditions to increase your wealth. Hopefully you'll have the gift of time, but things can happen that shorten your work life and you need to plan ahead. Hope this helps; my opinion is worth what it cost you. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete