Monday, July 28, 2008

Billionaire To Host Town Hall Meetings

image Courtesy of The Associated Press


I am sure by now, you have all heard of T. Boone Pickens. The Texas oil billionaire that has been running commercials all over the radio and TV, promoting his plan for alternative energy. According to his commercials, he will be having a series of town hall meetings and encourages people to visit www.pickensplan.org to learn more. The website is even set up as a social network (see my profile).

Well, this weekend, the Topeka Capital Journal reported:

Oil billionaire T. Boone Pickens is expected to speak about his plan to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Kansas Expocentre's Heritage Hall in a town-hall meeting.

This will be the first in a series of town-hall meetings about his Pickens Plan, described at his Web site, www.pickensplan.org, as "a blueprint to reduce foreign oil dependence by harnessing domestic energy alternatives, and buy us time to develop even greater new technologies."


Amazing as it may be, the first town hall meeting will be just 2 blocks from my house. You can be sure, I am interested in what he has to say. As such, I plan to be there. I want to here this man and his thoughts in person. So, I will save gas (and energy) and walk the 2-3 blocks and have a listen to his plan. I will be sure to make every attempt to share with you all, what he has to say, and my thoughts on it.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

No comments:

Post a Comment