Sunday, April 1, 2007

End of March and Only a Week to Go

It's time to make my weekly update, as I wind down this particular project. Yep, that's right only one more week to go on this project. It's hard to believe that it's actually been 3 months.

As I mentioned over at Debt-Free 4ever, today, I wasted $20. I took a vacation day today and promptly wasted $20 tonight. Well, OK so it wasn't all wasted. I spent $4.45 for some sale items at the store (TV dinners - limit 6 - 69 cents each) getting $20 back. Then went to Aldi's and picked some sausage biscuits and eggs spending $3.35 of that 20. I then went across the street to a store with milk on sale for $1.99 to pick up a gallon of 2%, spending another $2.14 of that $20.
Then it was time to go see the movie (Peaceful Warrior) with the free tickets I had printed off at the public library (as mine here at the house is out of ink). Along the way, I stopped and bought a Chicken sandwich at my favorite fast food joint, Chick-fil-a. There goes anther $3. Then I couldn't (or rather didn't) keep spending in check at the theater, buying a $4 (small) popcorn and a $4 (large) Coke. After the movie wasn't any better as I dropped the remaining $3 into an arcade game.
Not very smart of me I know, but that is why John Cummuta says not to ask for cash back at the register for any reason. You tend to forget where that extra $20 was actually spent.
---OK, so what did I eat this past week? ----
Fri (3/23) - ?? -- I honestly can't remember what I fixed this night.
Sat (3/24) - Cooked Potatoes/Carrots and Meat balls (made from hamburger in my freezer) in a crock pot. This made several meals. Yes I peeled and cut the potatoes and carrots myself.
Sun (3/25) - Potatoes/Carrots and Meat balls
Mon (3/26) - Someone told me that a little hole in the wall, called "The Prize Package," had the best hamburgers around. So they bought my meal there.
Tue (3/27) - Potatoes/Carrots and Meat balls
Wed (3/28) - Macaroni and Cheese
Thurs (3/29) - Tomato Soup
Fri (3/30) - 2 Fried Potatoes with 3 scrambled eggs - in addition I ate 3 fried eggs with cereal before going to bed this morning.
Sat (3/31) - Chick-fil-a Sandwich

------
One thing I would like to do is grow my own garden, but I need to get a spot tilled up first.

I know one new reader this week didn't like that I was eating red meat. I suspect, she thinks I should eat fish, but I hate fish, so that won't happen. I appreciate her comments anyway, even if she thinks sausage isn't meat but rather just a bunch of grease.

1 comment:

  1. You may as well delete this blog. You aren't posting, which means you've lost your readers interest...about 2 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete