Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Insulation Estimate


As I have mentioned in a couple of posts, I have been looking more closely at getting insulation in my attic, finally. I know beyond a Shadow of doubt, that my energy bill will be lowered if I get some insulation up there. The question is how much will it cost.
If I bought rolls of insulation out at Lowe's or Home Depot it would cost me $600+, however a company called Black Gold can blow it into my attic for $535. I have decided to get it done as quickly as possible, even if it delays my debt retirement by two or three months.

4 comments:

  1. DH and I are looking into moving into a smaller apartment. The initial extra cost of moving will be easily offset by the $200+ per month savings. Oh to be out of slavery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call, getting the blown in is better in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for awhile now and enjoy it.

    I agree, get it blown into your attic, track the savings and apply the savings to your debt. This creates an instant debt reduction effect in what your paying out of your budget every month--it's just going toward your debt instead of the utility companies! Besides, anything you do to increase the value of your home is an investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do the labor, and it's the same cost? I agree this is a very good investment.

    ReplyDelete