Friday, April 13, 2007

Ambitious Credit Card Elimination Goal

I have an ambitious goal to get my one credit card eliminated, once and for all, by May 5. Over the next few weeks I want to accelerate my payments and get the credit card paid off once and for all. I am not sure how I will do it and keep my other bills current, but that is my goal. It is important to me to get rid of this 31% interest rate. I want get Washington Mutual aka Providian out of my life forever. In addition, want to pull that card out of the freezer and tax it to Kansas City with me and get a picture of Dave Ramsey cutting it up. The picture then will be posted on this blog.

My plan is to send them payments over the next few weeks, getting the debt lower and lower, culminating with a huge $400 payment from my savings account. That means, over the next 4 weeks, I will need to send an average of $134/week.

5 comments:

  1. Good goal! That makes me think of dave ramsey on the radio. I like hearing people call in and shred their credit cards on the air. That is a cool sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $134 per week is a very ambitious goal. We will be wishing you good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you make it! I hope I will make it someday, too!

    ReplyDelete