Monday, April 16, 2007

Wrap-Up

The 90-day experiment was interesting. I thought it would be easier. However, my will power began to to wain after the first month. One thing this experiment proved is that it is possible to eat on $30 a month. Especially, if you are single and willing to limit your meals to cheaper foods that you have to fix from scratch. Especially as Dave Ramsey says, beans and rice, rice and beans. While I ate a a few more items then that, it became boring to eat the same thing over and over as time went on.
Now that, the experiment is over I am going to start cleaning out my pantry of cans of food rather then buying new food. Time to clear out the overstock. However, the time for this blog is over. I will leave the blog for those who come to read it during future visits. Maybe, by chance it will inspire someone else.
For any future posts about food that I make, it will be an occasional post on my regular budget blog. A blog that, I need to place my main focus on.
Thank you one and all that have read this blog through it's entirety. God bless each and everyone of you. May each and everyone of us become debt-free forever.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting experiment. Dave would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the read. I might try eating on a budget one day, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I couldn't imagine doing something like this though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooooooo! Don't abandon us! $30/month is rough... I see how that would equate to a budget that consisted of primarily beans and rice. And I could also see how boring those meals would get. Let's face it... there are only so many ways you can doctor up a 'bean'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I came across your blog (http://budgeteating.blogspot.com/2007/04/wrap-up.html) while I was going through some finance blogs. You have shared with us very valuable information, I must say...Being impressed with your blog content, and I would like to place one relevant article to your blog and in return you link in my finance related website/blog. If you allow me to do so and give me an opportunity to show my blog/website to you for link exchange purpose, then kindly.
    Contact me at: dorothy786 [at] gmail.com.

    Regards,
    Dorothy Parker

    ReplyDelete