Thursday, March 29, 2007

70% Attitude, 30% Hard Work

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford


Some people are often heard making the claim that they can't get out of debt. Some even claim they can't buy a car or house (or whatever) without using credit. Perhaps they have not heard the Henry Ford Quote above.
Fact is if Henry Ford thought that way, we would not have the cars that we do today and most definitely would be without Kingsford charcoal and perhaps any other kind of charcoal briquette.
But, that is beside the point. The point is, our attitudes play a big part in our financial lives. If we think that we can't live without credit and/or be debt-free, then our attitude will be our reality. Likewise, if our attitude is one of I can be debt-free. Then we will be debt be debt-free.
No, it won't happen over night, as if by magic, but thinking positive will motivate us to trudge forward towards our goal. It will motivate us to work hard and to ignore the naysayers (whether family, friends or acquaintances) and get those debts paid off, so that as Dave Ramsey says we can live like no one else. Namely Debt-free!

My goals for this year are:
  • Get my Credit Card completely paid off
  • Get my Home Improvement Loan completely paid off
  • Get my attic insulated (more on this later)
  • Get a big chunk of my car paid off
  • Have my $1,000 emegency fund and start working on my 6 month savings

    2 comments:

    1. I keep feeling like I will never pay off my debts. I have made some bad choices. Among them are borrowing against my 401k. I have learned since that time from Dave Ramsey that this was unwise because that debt is required in full if I lose my job. My plan is to get a 2nd job and make an additional $500 a month and do this for 2 1/2 years. I want to, but I dont have the energy to do it. I have a medical condition and I feel tired all the time. I hate falling short of my goals because of this problem. Deep down, I really want to succeed. I am in a rut and I am really sruggling. I need more income. The second job seems to make the most sense. It appears to be so hard to commit to it, though. Thanks. Sean Thornton

      ReplyDelete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete