Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Hour Hosts Sits Down with DebtFree4ever


One of my goals in coming to New York, was to land an interview with some big names. Well a week or two out from my scheduled trip, I was able to secure a promise from one-third of a trio of financial stars. Well, at least they are stars if you want to call them that, on the Fox Business Channel, where they co-host Happy Hour. Rebecca Diamond, Cody Willard and Eric Bolling are their names. I was originally suppose to be at the bar on Monday, and I was, but they were having technical problems, so they moved the production back to FOX studios. Which dashed my opportunities a bit. Still though, I did not give up. I returned on Tuesday, my last full day in New York, and was finally able to meet the trio in person. So without further ado, we will go to the interview.


Prince Of Thrift (POT): Where did you go to College? and what was your degree?

Cody: I attended the University of New Mexico and earned a degree in economics. In addition, I am an adjunct professor at Seton Hall University in New Jersey, where I teach a class called Revolutionomics focused on technology and business.

Eric: I attended Rollins College, undergraduate, with a degree in business and economics. I also attended Duke University, but I didn't graduate because I was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates. True story.

Rebecca: University of Maryland with a degree in journalism.

POT: Do you think the current economic climate will finally get people to realize that debt is bad and retirement saving should be a priority?

Rebecca: I hope so. That has been a theme on the show. The government wants us to borrow more, when that's what got us in this mess to begin with.

I might also say that I have been cutting back on my own spending and saving more.

Cody: Yes! Absolutely! It is an entire tipping point that we have.

POT: Who is your favorite economist?

Cody: Plato

Eric: Ronald Reagan - he saved the economy.

Rebecca: I don't really have one... I tend to take snippets from several different ones...both Republicans and Democrats.

POT: What happens to the shareholders, if a stock is de-listed by the New York Stock Exchange, because it fell below $1 per share?

Cody: Sometimes it doesn't matter. It moves to the bulletin board. If the business turns, it goes up and makes it's way back to the NYSE.

POT: What if it goes private, because of the de-listing?

It's possible. The shareholder wouldn't lose their shares. They would just own a piece of a privately held company.

POT: Should I hold my pier 1 stock?

Cody: I can't give stock advice directly, but how about this? I don't own it.

Rebecca: They say that could be the next one to go bankrupt or be bought out.


POT: In a recent LA Times article, it said you were a childhood friends with Neil Patrick Harris. How did that happen?

Cody: My mom was friends with his mom and we grew up in the same small town (in New Mexico).


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.
-----
follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment