Thursday, September 18, 2008

Retirement Savings


Since, starting with the new company, I have invested $333.88 in my retirement account. Yesterday, I logged into my account before going to bed, to see what kind of hit I have taken with the current down turn in the market. The answer, I have lost $35.27, leaving me a current balance of $298.61.
What, will happen to my account today? Who knows. Since, I actually wrote this at 11 pm Wednesday, and posting it at 5 pm Thursday, I have no idea, if the market will drop further, or if the market will rebound. Of course, I hope for the later, but as I said in my 8am post, Don't Panic, I'm not going to worry about it.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

2 comments:

  1. My retirement savings are $0, but I am debt free, except last months electric bill (it was higher than I expected, so I only paid half.)

    I hope that when I am 30 (in a little over a year), I will start saving for retirement.
    Actually, I think I will start saving $5 a month from now on, even I can do that, after I pay off my electric bill.

    Thanks for the motivation! -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pointless to look at retirement investments in the short term. What matters is where they are 20-30 years from now or however long you have to go. I mean, as long as you in something that makes sense.

    I started an IRA when I was 19, but I have not kept up with it. Like becky r., I will be 30 in a year and I have a lot of catching up to do. When you look at the compound interest calculators and see how much potential retirement you lose every year you put it off- ouch.

    I also only paid half my electric bill last month and am waiting on a check to clear right now to pay the rest, lol.

    ReplyDelete