Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hectic Day and Tune Ups

Yesterday, was one hectic day. From the moment, I got up, I was on the run. First, I was off to my work place, to pick up my paycheck. After which, I had to run the check to my credit union, where I paid $200 towards my car loan.

Back home, and I sit down at the computer to set up payments of $40 each towards the electric, gas, cell phone and cable/internet bills. (Man I wish I could get the rabbit ears/digital box pull in more then 2 of the 5 local stations. I mean NBC is nice, but I like CBS and ABC to. PBS, that is 2 blocks away is nice also, but still CBS and ABC are must have's to. But, I am getting sidetracked.
Next was getting my car tuned up , where I ate 2 bags of free popcorn in the waiting room at the dealership. Then straight to a neighborhood meeting, followed by a planning meeting for the dedication of the newest panels of what will be the largest mural wall in Kansas (and believed to be 2nd largest in the country).

After that, it was time to go to work. Four hours into my shift, I buy a quart of chocolate milk and TV dinner for a meal at less then $2.50. Finally, my 10 hour work day was over, and I was back home to relax and enjoy a day off.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! I so feel for you. Last Sunday, I got up at 5:20 am, hit the trail running. I finally stopped at 7:30 pm that night. I had nothing to eat. This was supposed to be my day off, didn't work out that way. It was to be my only day off in an 18 day work cycle. Don't you just hate it when that happens??

    ReplyDelete
  2. my alarm goes off at 4 am, and on that particular day, I got off work at 10 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 THINGS! Direct deposit and a digital converter box! direct deposit is nice and you don't have to run to the credit union (bill pay could also help w. that car note).

    A digital converter box picks up all the local channels and more in HD! Crystal clear picture! you can pick on up at costco for 40!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comments HS. as I mentioned the digital converter box is only picking up the NBC and PBS stations and not the local ABC or CBS stations...I am trying to figure out why they are picking up those other two stations.

    In addition, I had direct deposit, when I worked for a huge corporate operation, but now that my store is again a mom and pop company, I no longer have the option of direct deposit.

    Although, it is something the owners have considered. As far as I can see, it is the only draw back to be owned by a family rather then a corporation.

    ReplyDelete