Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Hassle with a Store Ended up as a Gain for Me




Last night, after I got off work I drove to the downtown Walgreen's. No we aren't putting lipstick on a pig, but the purpose for this 10:30 PM visit was to put my media card in the kiosk and get prints (of the vandalism) and get a CD of the images on my digital camera so that I could actually upload them to my computer (I am planning on purchasing a $40 reader that will plug into my USB port, so I don't have make such trips, or wait on the pics). Since, I wasn't going to drive back at 11 pm, I chose the latest option of 3 am. However, when I arrived at 8 am, the machine hadn't printed my pics and had lost them. So I ended up having to bring the media card back (luckily I hadn't deleted the pics) and upload them again. They manually download the pics, so that I only had to wait five minutes. They then didn't charge me for them and gave me a $20 gift card for the hassle.

While I was there the 2nd time this morning and uploading the pics again, a lady who also had been in last night to get prints from a CD for a court date today, also found her prints were no where to be found. In both cases, the pics were basicly crime scene photos. Makes me wonder, if there were anyone else who ended up having problems.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

2 comments:

  1. A few years back I got a multi-card media card reader with I think 6 different slots for around 15 bucks at Sam's Club.

    What are you getting for 40? You can't just plug the camera into your computer and do it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg -
    That's actually what I went to the camera store to get. The smallest (6 foot) cord was $19.99 (not sure how much the 15 ft cord was), but the reader was an extra $20 and wouldn't use my valuable battery time. So I plan to latter this week, go back and get the reader, once I get a check that i am expecting this week.

    ReplyDelete