Sunday, April 8, 2012

March in Guatemala

March has been a busy month full of teaching, cooking, constructing and growing! Benjamin has moved in with us this month, and so the Brito brothers are now here together. We have a picture of our family on our website, and our home sure feels a lot fuller now!

In February we finally had received the land title and began work on digging the trench for the foundation for the wall around the perimeter of the land. This month has been full of pouring the cement and laying blocks for the outer wall. It's been really busy and tiring! (and I'm not even doing most of the labor) But it's so exciting to be planing and designing the house. We have a bunch of pictures of the progress on our website.

Prayer requests for April:

  • Benjamin & Elias: We're excited that God had brought them both to our home. Please pray that He would continue to form them into men of God while they're here with us.
  • Construction: Construction is exciting, but it is also intimidating with so many big decisions and problems that arise. Please pray for wisdom for our decisions and safety for our workers. Please pray for favor with our mayor for issues such as water which we still need. And please pray for financial provision.
  • Us: Please pray that Yuliza and I would be able to spend the quality time together that we need as a couple as our home is now busier. Please pray that we would remain one in heart and mind.
  • Please pray that Galatians 2:20 would become more and more real to us and to our boys this month: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

I love the Easter season! I remember going to a sunrise service Easter morning with my family as a child and singing sings like "Up from the grave He arose". I remember being amazed by the love and the power of our God. The love that God had to send His Son for us sinners, and the love that Jesus had for us to suffer and die in order to pay the penalty for our sins. And the amazing power of our Lord. He remained perfect and pure while He lived and as He died. He conquered death by rising again. He destroyed the plans of the devil. He broke the bonds of sin in our lives that held us captive. And He returned in victory to His Father's side, where He is preparing a place for us to be with Him. What an amazing God we serve!

My prayer for you, and I ask that you pray the same for us, is that the incredible love and power for our Lord would become more and more real in your lives. Happy Easter!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support! 

With love,
Brent and Yuliza



-----------------
Brent & Yuliza Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment