Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 - Hope For A Better Year

by Kevin Surbaugh

Despite rumors of 2012 being the end of the world, because the Mayan calendar doesn't go past 2012, I believe we will see 2013. As such I am anticipating 2012 will be far better and brighter year then 2011 and will be the year I get back on trek after starting over in 2010, when I gave up everything to move to a new state.

First a look back at the resolutions from this past year.
Happy New Year 2012
  1. Books
    - I plan to get at least (one book hopefully more) finished by the end of the year. Even more I hope to find a publisher for the (those) book(s)
  2. I have researched this possibility but currently I am still working on one book and the other book is still just an idea in my head. The cost of a subsidy publisher is kind of prohibitive and I am not sure I can get published through a non-subsidy publisher.....One publisher that I talked to wants to charge me $1,000-$3,000. Money I really don't have at this time.
  3. Rebuild my savings
    - there is no question that I must rebuild my savings ASAP.
  4. I really expected to be further along on this one, but so far I can't say that I really have rebuilt much of anything in this fund. Being underemployed and not getting a full 36-40 hours per week doesn't help with the matter, because I am not earning enough to do anything. At the same time revenues from the blog/website are not making up the difference needed.
  5. Either become my own boss or get a full-time job with insurance
    I would say health insurance is one thing I need more then income. While earning enough to pay the rent and utilities would be nice; I really need insurance for my wife and I.
  6. Okay, so now my resolutions for 2012:
  7. Full-Time job
    It is imperative that I get a full-time job this year. My company is opening a new store and I have put myself on the list to go to that new store. I am trusting that I will be full-time by the end of March.

  8. Emergency Fund
    I will get my God Only Knows Fund reestablished and be moving forward with building my savings this next year. In addition, I and my wife wife get back on trek to saving for our new house, by building our savings for that goal.

  9. Travel
    It has been more then four (4) years since my wife has seen her family. It is important to her and me that we get to North Carolina to see her family this year. So we are making it a goal to save enough money to visit her family this year.
    Likewise it has been over a year since we have seen my family. Haven't seen them since the wedding. It is a goal to also get back to Kansas and see my family. My biological family have had some medical issues but otherwise fine. My foster family has seen the loss of my foster dad back in September, which I learned of this past month. My foster mother Phyllis is not doing to well after several bouts with cancer she is again cancer free. Still we would like to see her again. We miss or families so much.

  10. Book
    I will continue working on getting both book finished and finding a publisher for them.
Happy New Year Everyone

    What are your resolutions for 2012?

    --- go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think. follow me on Twitter and facebook



    No comments:

    Post a Comment