Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Royal Courtship: How We Meet & More

Cheryl commented on my engagement announcement, asking,
Congrats!
Where did you meet her?
What does she do?
How long were you dating?
How about a picture?
Inquiring minds want to know!
So I guess, I should tell the story of our "Royal Courtship."


Where did we meet?


As many of you know I am the assistant manager in a local grocery store. I had seen this cute lady several times and on numerous occasions had talked with her about many things. Fast forward to Labor Day weekend 2008. She came in to shop like every other weekend, and she needed buns on the top shelf. She seen me and told me, "I need some buns up there on the top shelf." For some reason, I didn't just grab them for her. Instead, I mad a funny comment, that became the first of a number of weekly flirts back and forth. I asked her if she wanted me to lift her up, so she could reach them. Smiling (really big) she just looks up at me and says, "noooooo."

Fast forward again, it was now June of this year. I had won tickets to the movie, Land of the Lost. I decided to heck with, my self-imposed order of not asking customers out and was going to go for it. Wouldn't you, that was the day that she came in to shop and we totally missed each other. Neither of us seen the other. So when she got back home, she called the store and asked for me. Asking me, if I wanted her number or not. Since then we have been together like glue.

I guess that answered several of the other questions that Cheryl asked. As for what she does. She is currently unemployed and is looking for a new job. We both hope that it will be a short process. A picture will be forthcoming, in the near future. As for the honeymoon plans, my thoughts is going to New York (her 1st trip, my 2nd) but I still have to get her thoughts about that.


Wedding Plans

We have not set a wedding date, but have began to actively save every penny we can to pay for the wedding. From the from the Tux and dress, to the small wedding itself, to the reception and caterer. In fact just like Dollars For a Wedding and Wedding on a Penny, we have set up a paypal account for those who wish to contribute a few pennies (or dollars) to the wedding savings.





Current Weddings Savings: $0

  • Julie Cook has volunteered her Photography services as her wedding present to us.



  • ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
    -----

    follow me on Twitter



    No comments:

    Post a Comment