Friday, October 10, 2008

Considering Magic Jack


I was reading JW's blog over Need to be Debt Free and seems he has been considering getting a Magic Jack for a land line. Likewise, I have been considering the same thing, but wondered about receiving calls.
A question that seems to be answered by several of his readers. Perhaps they can be confirmed by mine. According to his readers, the computer has to be on 24/7 in order to make and receive calls. Doesn't sound like that would be be very secure. Opening yourself up to more possible internet virus'. Of course one could argue that a strong firewall would help with that. Still, I don't like having my computer on that much. I suppose one way around that would be to create a wifi network in the house and have a second computer just for the new phone. It should would save lots of money over a regular land line.

Then there is the guy on you tube, that says the service was choppy and difficult for the people on the other end to hear, and difficult to get a connection.


So now I have more questions now, then I had before. However, another guy sounds pretty positive in his You Tube video.



and other YouTube and and reviews that I have seen/read were mixed. I do like the guy below, that says, it's not a great replacent as your only phone, but is a great addition for outgoing calls.

So what do all of you think? Should I try this product?

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now. I'm listening.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

5 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SnjzxBJFY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the valuable information resources. This has made a strong impression on my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you really need a land line? We canceled our and just use cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man!
    Thanks for the helpful information resources.Nice information.
    Guaranteed Seo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How well/poorly the devise works is based on how much of your internet's useage your are using.

    If you have a line that doesn't have a high capacity, and you have other things running off your network (other computers connected, Tivo, etc) it's not going to work correctly, and your phone calls are going to be distorted and will skip.

    If you have a good internet connection, you won't have any problems.

    ReplyDelete