Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cable Company Tries To Lie to Me


The other day, I finally was able to get a full spectrum of local channels with my digital converter box and antenna. The solution, was to purchase a different antenna. A Phillips DTV antenna, that sales for about $40. So once, I was able to pull in the digital signals, I called Cox Cable to discontinue the cable TV.
The lady, I got, asked why I was discontinuing the cable portion of my service. When I told her, she asked if I still wanted to, if I knew that I wouldn't have any reception come February without cable.
When I told her that wasn't true, she asked, "how do you figure?" Was this broad really that dumb? I couldn't have been the first to explain it to here.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

2 comments:

  1. Hey PoT -

    I don't understand this whole digital converter thing, and the cable companies, as you exemplify, are full of liars and cheats.

    CAN I get TV without cable?
    How?
    And which channels should I get?

    Thanks for your help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on where you live and your reception you may get several local channels without cable. For example I lived in one place where we got CBS. PBS, and ABC. The others were farther away in a big city. Now I live closer to another city and all the networks are in that city. So we can get CW, CBS, Fox, ABC, NBC, and PBS without cable.

    We get those channels with a cheap set top antenna. It connects to the TV where the cable would. We have never used one of those big roof antennas like in the picture.

    When we got the digital converter box ( was about $20 at Best Buy with the $40 card)we just ran the antenna into that and the box into the tv (comes with both coaxial or AV connection options).

    All the local channels came in very clear and we got a couple more because on digital some of the channels have more than one. For example we get channel 4-1 and Channel 4-2.

    ReplyDelete