Saturday, November 12, 2011

Austin's Proposed Bag Ban

I have been meaning to write this for sometime, but something always seems to get in the way. So today without further ado I am writing this short letter to the editor about my thoughts on the proposed plastic bag ban. My wife and I use cloth bags, but we do like to get a few plastic bags. Once at home we can use these bags in the trash cans in the bathroom and bedrooms. Banning them will not eliminate plastic bags. Sure maybe it would eliminate plastic grocery bags, but not plastic bags. Such a ban (or a charge for use of such bags) would only force my wife to buy plastic trash sacks that we can't afford. Something we don't have to do now because we can get them free (aka plastic grocery sacks) when we shop. Thus because we would now be forced to buy trash bags, all the city has done is traded one plastic bag for another. Which means they have defeated their whole purpose in the first place.


----------
My name is Kevin, and that's what I think. What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

follow us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment