Thursday, August 26, 2010

Websites Annual Expenses

I wanted to know, how much I was really paying for this blogging hobby, so I set down and figured it up. Using new figures from my new address, here are the results that I came up with. In some areas, I was a little surprised. What I wanted to know is much how I needed to earn to make it pay for itself, then I would know how much I needed to earn to transform this hobby into a profitable business.

Annual Expenses $$$
7 domain names $174.65
PO Box (paid semi-Annually) $100
PrinceOfThrift.com Hosting $23.40
Internet (AT&T) $234
Cable (Time Warner) $ ??
Total Annual Costs $532.05
The results:

In most cases, this blog will pay for itself. However, it is a long way from being profitable, as a sole business interest. I won't say it's not possible, because anything is possible. However, it will take a lot more hard work to get to that point. Right now I have site revenue from various sources of $500-$700/year. In order for me to do this blog full time, I would need to earn three (3) times that amount (or more) each and every month. Thank you to my loyal readers, who have made this blog what it is. Now, it is time to reach out for additional readers to make this blog (and the related sites) even more interactive.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) for $75 and Replace This Text.


follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment