Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Royal Wedding

By the time this posts, I will have already had my internet disconnected (won't have internet again until Aug 26). However, today is the big day. The Prince of Thrift is getting married. Some of the comments, have been negative in regards to the planning. That's OK, I am a big man, I can take it. I am open and honest about my finances and there is certainly going to be some that think they have a better idea (and maybe they do). Sure, I think personally that some of the things can be cut, but the bride doesn't think so. And you know, it is her day, I want this day to be special for her. We have cut costs, by only inviting 50 people, instead of 100-200 (or more). We have done a number of things to make this wedding cheaper, including buy a used dress. The groom, one of the grooms man and the future step son (who will give the bride away) already have tuxes, thus saving expenses there. As for the best man and the other groomsman, we are renting tuxes for them. I would have been happy with just the best man, but again the bride (whose day this day belongs to) wanted something different, something more special. I love her, what can I do, but make some concessions.

The wedding was held at 1 pm Central Time in the Gage Park Reinisch Rose Garden, with the small private reception in the Snyder Cabin, also located in the Park. By 3 pm, we were on our way to the first hotel (an independent, not connected to any national brand) for our last night in Kansas. Aah, that hot tub, in our suite feels nice.

Once we get to Austin, TX and get the office set up and internet connected, I will post pictures and video of the big day. So stay tuned. In the meantime, I have several Guest posts that will be published each day while I am absent. Some days, I will have articles, that I myself wrote ahead of time. Overall, there will be 3 Guest posts and 4 posts authored by me (counting this one) that will post between today and August 26. Hopefully, sometime on the 27th, I will have the pictures and videos posted (no promises). In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the blog, as it goes on autopilot. I will respond to any comments, upon my return to the internet.See you all when we arrive in the People's Republic of Austin.  God bless, you all.




Wedding cards and/or gifts may be sent to


D. Kevin and Patricia Surbaugh
PO box 170670
Austin, TX 78717





---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.







follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment