Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Car Repair

For the better part of the last 2-3 years, my check engine light has been coming on intermittently. Now, it is becoming more and more steady. Which means it is becoming easier to get it diagnosed. The problem in the past, when I would get the car in to have it checked, the light would go out, translating into them not being able to get a reading.

Today, I took it by Advanced Auto and got it hooked up to the hand held computer for free. Once I got the diagnoses, I was able to start calling around to get prices. One place wanted to charge me over $200 plus tax to replace the front oxygen sensor. Another place, said they needed to know what type of engine my car had and then hung up on me before I could respond. Finally, I called the Chevrolet dealer and they told me it would be $125 plus tax. So that is where I am heading.


****update: When I arrived, the same person who gave me the quote made the call to get the price for the part and there was about a $50 difference between the price the computer gave him and what the parts place told him. That means the repair is now $175 plus tax at the dealer. I will have to wait until next Wednesday to have the cash to get the repair. Oh well so be it. Still I will get it done. It's just that I am about $40 short at the moment. *****

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
-----

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment