Monday, June 12, 2006

Budget Living & Good Housekeeping

I woke up this evening and opened my mail, I had a copy of "Good housekeeping," with what looked like a bill inside. Now I have never subscribed to this magazine, and never had any interest in doing so.

I opened the envelope, and turns out that "Budget Living," which I did have a subscription to ceased publication and made arrangements for Hearst Publications to cover any remaining subscribtions. So they are sending me "Good Housekeeping." Now, what interest would I have in housekeeping, whether good, bad or otherwise? I was intrested in budgeting. At the end of the letter they said I could write and get a full refund for the remaining subscription. I intend to do that, but it's been 6 months since my last "Budget Living", so how much longer will it be to get my check? The check will be applied to my debt retirement once I do get it. Or maybe I should throw it into my emergency fund so that I can get that up to baby step 1 level.

2 comments:

  1. There wasn't an address in my letter. Do you mind sharing what the address is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thien-Kim -

    From what I understand, there were different magazines sent to different subscribers. I had 2-3 years left on my subscribtion and received Good Housekeeping. What magazine did you get?
    Anyrate, I will post it here, when I find the file I put my copy in after scrolling my note on it, photocoping it and mailing it back to them.

    ReplyDelete