Sunday, July 10, 2011

How to Celebrate a Birthday on a Budget

Wednesday is my birthday so today I thought we would discuss how to have a frugal birthday. You can celebrate a birthday and not break the budget.


Here are some ideas from around the net:
The Finer Things in Life Blog suggested,
Make cupcakes and arrange them in the celebrated age. Cupcakes can easily be served as the base of strawberry short cake, alongside ice cream, or as a special treat all their own.
- The Finer Things in Life Blog
or how about
Pick some wildflowers or cut some from your garden to brighten up the table. Place birthday cards around the vase.
- The Finer Things in Life Blog
Being Frugal offered their own suggestions,
Make your own cake. No, I’m not kidding. You can do this. Look for ideas online. Familyfun.com is a great site for cake ideas. They’re frugal and cute! And just so you know it can be done, here are a couple of cakes I’ve made over the years. And I’m no professional!
- Being Frugal

So there are some ideas. We will be taking cake to eat at church since we go to church on Wednesday nights and they always have dinner before hand. Perhaps you can come up with some other ideas. What ideas/suggestions do you have?



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment