Saturday, July 3, 2010

Worries of Upcoming Expenses

I am beginning to get worried about my savings and the upcoming expenses. With only $700 in savings at the moment and a number of expenses beginning to come due, I am really worried. I have 3 more paychecks before, the wedding.

The next big expense, is my trip to Austin August 14 to secure an apartment and hopefully have a couple of job interviews. I have already paid for the airline ticket, so that isn't a problem and I am staying with my fiances son (and his girlfriend), so I won't have the expense of a hotel. I have $700 in savings at the moment, with the following expenses yet to come.

  • Wedding Dress (back from alteration/cleaning) $200
  • Tux Rentals (for the wedding party) $365
  • Flowers $200
  • Cake (last installment) $45
  • Music/Sound (last installment) $125
  • Movers (U-haul, friends gas, etc, flight back) $1235
  • Apartment (estimate to secure) $1200-$1600
  • Honeymoon Hotels $500
  • Travel expenses (Food, Gas, etc) $300
    ----------------
    Grand Total $4170-$4570

    If I could get more sponsors to step up and sponsor a post (for $75) I would only need 61 posts sponsored to have all the expenses covered. I also have three (3) more paychecks to cover these expenses, but after food (and such) that would leave only $500 out of each of those (which means electricity, heat and such won't be paid, but I leave town in August anyway). Which means, I would only need to come up with an extra $1970-$2370. Which also means I would only need to have 32 posts sponsored (at $75/post) or get 48 sponsors to place a sponsor link ($50) on this blog or the PrinceOfThrift.com website.

    As most readers should know, I tend to be an optimist, and I believe in the end it will all come together and it will happen, but right now my faith is truly being tested. Any thoughts?




    Also, if anyone knows how I can do a live video feed on the blog (and then save the video for those that want to watch later) please let me know. I would like to stream the wedding here on the blog. I can't afford to buy any software programs, so it would have to be free. Any thoughts?





    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


    Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) for $75 and Replace This Text.

    follow me on Twitter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment