Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Endorsements in the Kansas Primary

I have been reluctant to issue any endorsements this year in the Kansas primary. However with the August 3 primary upon us, I have decided that I should. In addition, with my upcoming move to Texas, I have decided to restart KevinsView.com. For those unfumiliar with Kevin's View, it was a political blog, which I ran for several years, before I started DebtFree4ever.net. The readership, of the financial blog surpassed that of the political blog, so I merged them together. Now, perhaps it is time again to have a political blog as well as the financial blog. Below is my endorsements for the last election, that I will vote in here in Kansas.


  • Governor: Sam Brownback
    The Economy is the main reason, I have supported Sam from the very get-go.

    Sam Brownback is running for Governor to grow Kansas. Economic growth supports everything we do as a state---it feeds families, provides opportunities for young people, makes seniors more secure in their retirement, generates revenue for government services and charities at all levels and provides the goods and services that support our quality of life. Economic growth is the engine that makes our state go. Restoring growth will be Sam Brownback's top priority as Governor.
    In addition when it comes to Taxes, Brownback opposes tax increases, particularly in times of economic distress. To prove his commitment to this, he signed the Americans For Prosperity's “No Climate Tax” Pledge.


  • U.S. Senate: Todd Tihart
    Tihart's opponent is a very good man. One I would be proud to see in the Senate. Can't go wrong with either one. However, I believe Todd would be the best for Kansas and he current Economy. He has proven himself the financially responsible, while he has been in the Congress. His opponents mailer sealed my endorsement of Tihart. As a former Democrat, I don't take kindly to his opponet trying to put him down, because he was a registered Democrat before he ran for Congress. What was the point? Ronald Reagan, one of this Nation's best Presidents (and most Conservative) also was a former Democrat. I would rather look at Tihart's Congressional voting record. That tells me a lot more then, how he was registered to vote 26 or 30 years ago.


  • Congress (2nd District): Lynn Jenkins
    Lynn is the former State Treasurer, and a confirmed reader of DebtFree4ever.net, as such you know she must have a good handle on finances. Her own words prove that to be true.

    I am convinced now more than ever that our federal government’s greatest problem is its addiction to spending. Too many politicians who have been in Washington for too long have forgotten that taxpayers are what keeps our government going. Instead of being responsible and eliminating waste, fraud, and abuse or reigning in spending, many politicians think they have been given a blank check to do as they please. I couldn’t disagree more.

    That’s why I have stayed committed to conservative fiscal policies that put America’s security and future generations first and foremost. We cannot continue to give hostile foreign nations greater influence or simply pass the burden on to our kids and grand-kids. If we want to put our nation back on the path to prosperity, we need people in Washington who believe in and will practice fiscal restraint. I pledge to continue doing just that by opposing wasteful earmarks and pushing for reforms in the earmarking process.


  • Attorney General: Derek Schmidt



  • Sec. of State: Elizabeth "Libby" Ensley
    Libby is the only Republican candidate, who has first hand knowledge of the job. She has served as Shawnee County Election Commissioner, since she was appointed by then Secretary of State Bill Graves in 1992. Before that, she had worked in every department in the Secretaries office since 1981.



  • Insurance Commissioner: Sandy Praeger
    She is the only experienced candidate for this office.
    Commissioner Sandy Praeger was elected as Kansas' 24th Commissioner of Insurance on November 2, 2002. She was reelected on November 7, 2006. Commissioner Praeger is responsible for regulating all insurance sold in Kansas and overseeing the nearly 1,700 insurance companies and more than 92,000 agents licensed to do business in the state.



  • Treasurer: Ron Estes
    As Sedgwick County Treasurer, Ron has the qualifications to be our next State Treasurer and first elected Treasurer since Lynn Jenkins resigned to go to Congress.



    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.



    Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) for $75 and Replace This Text.


    follow me on Twitter

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment