Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Escaping Taxes

Well the legislature and Governor have done it. Ignoring state history and raising our taxes. A few years ago, under then Governor Mike Hayden's watch, the state increased property taxes. Making our property taxes one of the highest in the nation. That resulted in Hayden losing his reelection bid to Governor Joan Finney, and numbers of businesses leaving the state. Which translated into lost jobs.

Now, the legislature, at the urging of the Governor has raised sales taxes (by 1 cent), making them one of the highest in the country. But hey, what does the Governor care? He wasn't elected, and has said he won't run for election. I am worried in this down economy, that their action will cause another wave of business departures and more lost jobs.

I am feed up with the liberal tax and spend actions of this state. I have decided along with my fiance, that I will be moving, as soon as we have our wedding. We will be heading to Texas, where there is no sales tax on groceries or services, no personal property taxes and no state income taxes. They do tax snack foods as well as food at restaurants. I will miss this great city, but I (and my soon to be wife) must get away from all these taxes.

This article was also published in the Topeka Capital Journal

-and-

The Kansas City Star





---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.




Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) and Replace This Text.



follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment