Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Energy-Efficient Appliances Get Tax Holiday

Are you in Texas? Well if you are, or perhaps close enough to drive across state lines, then you might want to read this. The Austin Statesman is reporting, that Texans can skip sales taxes on energy-efficient appliances this weekend. That's right's right Memorial Day weekend, Texans can skip sales taxes when they buy a washer/dryer, refrigerator or other energy efficient household appliance.
Texans can skip paying sales taxes this weekend if they buy energy-efficient household appliances.

Appliances, such as washing machines and air conditioners, are exempt from sales taxes Saturday through Monday in the third annual Energy Star Sales Tax Holiday.

The article even says energy efficient light bulbs are included. Man, I wish I was in Texas already, I would be using that weekend to stock up on my CFL light bulbs.

For more information on the tax holiday you can visit www.texaspowerfulsmart.org.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) and Replace This Text.

follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment