Friday, January 22, 2010

Stock Split

Yesterday, the previously announced stock split occurred. That being the stock split for Warren Buffett's Berkshire-Hathaway class B shares. A stock that as my long time readers know, I hold. I was surprised, that it happened so quickly, since it doesn't seem like it had even been a month since, I had received the packet for me to vote my proxy.
Despite the declines across the broader market, Berkshire Hathaway's so-called Baby-B shares jumped $3.20, or 4.6%, to $72.72, on heavy volume after the company's shareholders approved a 50-to-1 split of its Class B common stock.

The split cut the price of each share to about $67, from a trading price of more than $3,000.
- Wall Street Journal javascript:void(0)

Due to the high cost of the stock, it was my smallest holding, with just .03 shares before the split. Now, I own 1.6050 shares and it is my third largest holding on Sharebuilder. Where I have a total current balance of $508.53, to go towards my future retirement. Now, I wonder, how long it will be before this stock is once again trading above the $100 range, the $500 range, etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment