Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Financial Peace Class 1

This past Wednesday, my fiance and I attended the Financial Peace University class nearest us. I had, as many of you know, attended the class in another location couple of years back. However, Pat had never been and this was the first time we had attended any financial classes as a couple.

When we first arrived, our hearts sunk, when we realized that the class was not in a handicapped accessible location. After a couple of trips upstairs by the Associate Pastor, the class was moved downstairs to a more handicapped accessible location.

Once, that was done, the class started, though slightly belated. During the class, I was reminded what one lady's grandma (or was that mom) called her emergency fund. That being the GOK Fund. GOK meaning God Only Knows. Through out this first video Have reminded us that, saving must become a priority and that we must pay ourselves first.
He also reminded us, by listing the Baby Steps:

  1. $1,000 in the bank (Emergency Fund)
  2. Pay-Off all debt utilizing the "debt Snowball" (except the house).
  3. 3-6 months expenses in savings.
  4. Invest 15% of household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement
  5. College Funding
  6. Pay-off home early
  7. Build Wealth! (Mutual Funds/Real Estate)

Both the fiance and I are looking forward to the class this next Wednesday.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
-----

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment