Friday, November 27, 2009

Blogs Future

Since starting this blog, it has been my desire to provide the best information I can as I learn (or hear about it), while at the same time being open and honest about my own debts. That means that I want to be a serious member of the new media and things were going pretty well the first couple of years. I was in the top 100 most read personal finance blogs. The biggest problem was and still is that this blog is run as a hobby, since I do not earn enough income to make a living with it.

That means that I have to work a full time job. Which in turn makes it hard to make my daily posts to the blog. I still have a book laying here behind me that I am suppose to be reviewing on the blog, but haven't had the time to even read the book so I can review it. How can I be taken seriously, if I can't keep up? On the other hand, how can I focus on the blog and give it the attention that it needs, if I can't make a living at it?

Don't take this as a sign that I am shuttering the blog. I have no intention of doing that. I will continue to post, hopefully more often. However, I have to find that balance between maintaining the blog regularly and keeping the focus I need on my family and full-time job. In time perhaps, the blog can return to the greatness that it once was. I would love to get more interviews, like I did earlier this year, when I interviewed Cody Willard, Rebecca Diamond, and Eric Boiling. Which by the way was the highlight of my three years of doing this blog. My biggest dream interview would be Warren Buffett. Of course, that's not my biggest dream for the blog. That would be when I can finally report that my fiance and I are both 100% debt-free.
Through it all, I hope that you keep reading and especially commenting. I love reading your comments, even those that takes me to tasks. Comments the I agree and disagree with are appreciated.
Thanks


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
-----

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment