Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home Repairs

When I bought this house in 1999, there were a number of repairs that were needed. Some of those repairs still exist, while others are new. I have been so focused on getting debt free, that these things have been pushed to the back burner. However, they may need to come to front burner fast. Things are progressing between my girlfriend and I and well, as one that is always thinking ahead, need to get things fixed up around here for her. Below is a list of repairs that are needed around the house. Some, I have prices for and others I don't. How expensive will it all be? I don't know, but they need to be worked into my budget, even as I make the move to get out of debt.

Bathroom:
Toilet $229 plus $135 installation

Bath/shower faucet replacement $17
Paint
Tile
repair floor
replace vinyl flooring

Porch:
repair/replace Ceiling
make porch handicap accessibility

Sidewalks:
new sidewalk around house w/ Patio
new sidewalk around shed
replace existing sidewalk (between 2 buildings)
handicap accessible sidewalk

House:
Central Air $2,000 (approximately)
sand/varnish wood floors $1,000 (approximately)
repaint or side house $19,000 (includes insulation & vinyl siding)
finish room in basement
Fence
move laundry room upstairs



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
-----
follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment