Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mattress on Layaway


As I posted a few weeks ago, I looked at the Sleep Number bed. However, I find that particular bed to expensive for my budget. So with that in mind, I went to Hometown Mattress Company here in Topeka (also located in 2 other Kansas towns --- Clay Center and Paola).

The store had just opened up in the same shopping center that I work in and I thought, I would see what they have. Upon entering the store, I looked at the memory foam mattress. It, like the sleep number bed, was about $900. Again to expensive for my budget. So I moved towards the nearly $400 foam encased mattress and then looked at the cheapest hotel/motel style mattress. The cheapest one, while fitting best in my budget was also the most uncomfortable.

I left, to go to work and think about the possible purchase. Later, during my lunch hour, I returned and put $100 down, to place the foam encased mattress on layaway. It is my hope to have a real bed by the end of February, so that I will no longer have to sleep on a futon and in my sleeping bag.
Though, I am not "America's Cheapest Family," perhaps I might be considered America's Cheapest Dude.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment