Thursday, May 3, 2007

New Thoughts on The Gas Out - A Realistic Way to Effect Change

I had never heard of this gas out idea before this year. As a result I posted it on my blog, then emailed it to a local talk show host.
The host and I both looked it up on snopes and found that it won't work for the very reasons you have mentioned. However, there is another thought out there. The other thought has a much better chance of working.
That idea is boycotting the largest fuel distributor (Exxon-Mobil) altogether. By boycotting the biggest, the theory goes, their profits suffer, while others like BP may go up, as a result they will try to get more customers back to their stores and lower their prices. If they drop their prices, everyone else will have to drop their prices as well to remain competitive. So what about it, lets boycott Exxon-Mobile stations for the next year or so. Force them to drop their prices and thus forcing all the other companies to follow suit.

1 comment:

  1. The boycott is fine by me, there aren't any Exxons around here anyway. If I go to a gas station its probably for convenience and the blinking E.

    ReplyDelete