Monday, May 7, 2007

Awesome Live Event Was Biggest Ever

Saturday morning, I drove to Kansas City to attend the Dave Ramsey, "Total Money Make Over," Live Event. According to Dave Ramsey officials the Kansas City event sold out faster then any other event in Dave Ramsey history. It also was the largest live event ever with 10,000 tickets sold. I however, know of two tickets which were not used.

I arrived in Kansas City around 10:30 am, about an hour before the door opened. While I waited, I stopped in at the Wendy's about a mile or so from Municipal Auditorium, where the event was held, and met several people on their way to the same place I was. Many of them could be reading this blog for the first time this week.

Over the past year, I have often tried to compare Ramsey's teachings with those of John Cummuta. They both teach basically the same thing. Although Cummuta teaches paying off your debt first, Ramsey teaches building your emergency fund first. However, during his his live event, he actually said that he used to teach get out of debt first, then build your emergency savings. Problem was, he said, that people kept falling off the wagon.

In addition he showed this video clip, that I had posted on this blog last year. Take a look at the video again. It is hilarious.




Over all I had a great time, and am pumped to do what I can to get back on track and get these dang debts paid off.

1 comment:

  1. The largest event in our company's history. Glad you could make it.

    ReplyDelete