Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Finances Really Stink

It is time to discuss my finances personally again. I was looking over my bank records for the month of May and I have already overspent. I still need to come up with money for the insurance which is due next week, plus pay for the overdraft that came out of my savings account. I can't believe I was so stupid.
To top all this off, I am to drive to Manhattan, KS (home of K-State) to go on my first date with a 29-year old K-State student. She is the one that got me thinking about the two previous dating posts, I made.
I don't know if a relationship will actually develop, but if it does, it will be nice to have that companionship again.
For those that are wondering, since I made my last post on my personal finances, I did finally get a raise. Now, I may be getting transfered to a smaller store in my comapny. If the transfer happens, it will mean no more over nights, but since the store, has a different name, even though it is within the same company and town, I will have to buy new uniforms. I will find out more about that later in the week.

5 comments:

  1. i recently got another debit card... the debit card for my main account gets put aside, and i use this other one, tied to a smaller account. the smaller account gets a small autopayment every two weeks. this helps me keep on budget a little better. hey, your situation doesn't sound too serious yet. budget problems are like leaky pipes: fixable if found early. and maybe you'll have fun with the lady. hope you find a cheap date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hopefully everything will work out ok. Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    I'm glad to hear that you are going on a date.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you using the envelope system for your spending at all? That really helped us start spending what we budget each month. In fact, you have inspired me to write a blog about it!! Good luck on the date!

    Oh, and make sure you shop for the best deal on insurance. We were paying $126/mo through Nationwid for our 2 cars and cut it down to $84/mo using Erie Insurance. Make sure you shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin, please tell us how the date went. I hope well!!

    ReplyDelete