Sunday, September 10, 2006

Extra Money On Next Paycheck

Well, I knew I would get some extra money over the course of the month, but I didn't really plan for this. I was called in, on my day off this week, because one of my employees called in sick, and I am only one of 2 other people on my crew that knows how to do her job. So, that is giving me an extra 9.?? hours of overtime. Something that the company does not like anyone getting. I addition, it was a holiday week, so I will have about 8 hours holiday pay. All this means I will get paid about 48 hours of regular pay and a little more then 9 hours of time and half. If I could keep bringing in this kind of money, I would have a better chance of meeting my goal, of having both the providian Credit Card as well as the PaceSetter Windows (Crocked company) loan paid off by the end off the year. Once they are both paid off, I can focus my attention on decreasing my Car loan and trying to get it paid off within the next 2 years, rather then 4 years.
Please Lord, I beseach you to provide the funds neccesary to meet my goals. It is no secerate, especially if you follow my personal bog, over on livejournal, that I have a strong desire to serve my Lord Jesus Christ, through the mission field. Of course, here in Topeka, I also have a vision of a new and more humanitarian way to serve those in need for help with food.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the extra money. Have you broke it down and found out how much it will "actually" save you? I like doing this, it becomes worth so much more when you see your savings in interest and the elimination of additional payments.

    When you apply it all to debt, you really will feel the relief later. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. D -
    No, not really. I am not sure, how much extra I will get after taxes and deductions. I am figuring maybe $100 (maybe to high, maybe to low). Then I will apply that amount to either my credit card or my car. Dave Ramsey would say the credit card, but I am looking at some other factors to, like I am partially behind on one month of the car, though another month, I was ahead.
    I want to get rid of the credit card completely, I also want to actually get my emergency fundfunded, and I want to cut my car payment time in half (2 years instead of the 4), but that will reguire a lot of extra payments.

    Of course, part of that will come from getting the smaller bills paid off to. Still shoting for an extra $1000-$3000 here real quick from different sources to get the smaller debts paid off, so I can focus on that car and get it in line with my budget. Once I do get it paid off I will again start to fund my mutual fund (has $100), with more funds to pay for all future cars I buy. I figure $30,000 over the next few years will bring in returns to buy me 3-4 cars for next 30 or 40 years, by which time I will probably be unable to drive any longer. Then any left over funds and the sale of my last car can go into my retirement funds.

    ReplyDelete