Sunday, June 3, 2012

Travel Desires and Dreams Can't Dash my Will

by Kevin "Prince of Thrift" Surbaugh   
      Since moving to Texas, it hasn't been easy. There is no question, I took a pay cut when I moved here. Which means it has been harder to stay up on the bills, that coupled with my wife's medical bills as made things a struggle at times.  That said, no matter what I believe God has a greater good in mind, though we may not see it at the moment. 
Sure it is disappointing, that I was unable to return to Kansas for my 25th high school reunion yesterday. Sure it can be discouraging at times, when it seems nearly impossible to save enough cash to visit my wife's family in Boone, North Carolina.
One thing I know, is that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalms 50:10). As such, I know he will provide and I am trusting\ Him that we will be able to visit my wife's family in North Carolina.  I am eager to meet them, but I can't let the funds discourage me, for even Paul desired to go to Rome (Romans 1:11), but he had to wait for the Lord's timing. Likewise I must learn to do the same. 

I believe, this website and the related blogs will become self-sufficient, even though it can't happen fast enough for me.  The Lord's timing however, is perfect and in when the timing is right all these things will be a mute point.  With this bit of knowledge I have o wonder what lesson I still need to learn, before the floodgates open up and the blessings of self-sufficiency poor upon this household and this ministry.  Along with the travel related site that is growing fast.
For those of you who have been long time  friends of this site. Thank you. If you are new to this blog and/or website a hearty Thanks and Welcome are extended to you as well.  It is my deepest desire that everyone can take a kernel of nugget from the website and blog(s). 


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment