Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Movie Review: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Last Thursday (May 10, 0212) my wife had the chance to attend a screening of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel also known as The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for the Elderly and beautiful. The movie which was released to limited theaters in the USA on May 4, 2012 has not officially been released in Austin. Although there has been some free screenings of the film, like the one my wife and I attended.
My wife and I entered Regal Cinema - Westgate and found seats near the front and got ready to view this film.
Synopsis:
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel follows a group of British retirees who decide to "outsource" their retirement to less expensive and seemingly exotic India. Enticed by advertisements for the newly restored Marigold Hotel and bolstered with visions of a life of leisure, they arrive to find the palace a shell of its former self. Though the new environment is less luxurious than imagined, they are forever transformed by their shared experiences, discovering that life and love can begin again when you let go of the past.
- IMBD
The film is was produced by Blueprint Productions and distributed by Fox Searchlight and was directed by John Madden.

My wife had this to say about the movie, it is better for an older audience, and on a scale of one to ten, she says she would give it a seven. She also liked the character of Muriel, her writing a blog from India was a nice touch to the movie. Muriel also had to take a job to help pay for herself living in India.

I have to agree with her Muriel was a great asset to the story, which starts off slow but gets interesting fast. I can't count the number of times I laughed through out this great comedy. Whether it was Muriel's character, the one married couple Douglas and Jean, the retired judge who also was the movies token homosexual, or the racist Marge Hardcastle as we see her character evolve. In fact all the characters were absolutely fantastic. I cannot fault a single actor/actress performance.

Even as changes occur and what seems to be imminent closure of the hotel, the movie both kept us laughing and hungry with anticipation for what would happen next. I gave the move four out of five stars and recommend everyone to see this movie. It is rated PG-13 so as my wife suggested be careful in taking younger individuals to see this movie.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment