Friday, October 21, 2011

Social Security Benefits Increase

by Kevin Surbaugh


So the news reported a couple days ago that those receiving Social Security benefits will see a 3.8% increase in their monthly checks. Based on the average Social Security payment of $1,038/month, this works out to an increase of $39/month.Sounds like great news for these people right? Well maybe not.
Why? Because at the same time, Medicare premiums are expected to increase, which could wipe out the value of a Social Security increase.


So this may actually be a case of good news/bad news. My wife gets Social security because of her handicap and next year she will be able to get Medicare. However, will she really see an increase when all is said and done? We shall see come April I guess.
No matter what though, we know that the Lord provides and we will just put our trust in Him.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment