Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Car is in the Body Shop

by Kevin Surbaugh
(pics below) It has been a though week/week and a half. A week ago Tuesday while I was at work someone ran into my car. According to the witnesses and what I could see with my eyes (from the cars position) she hit my car so hard that she moved it (the back wheels were now in the parking stall behind it). I fought almost all of last week to get her insurance to pay. Finally late on Friday they admitted responsibility. Then this past Monday their body shop told me the estimate was $1600 and that was just from walking around the car. When they finally got it tore apart they found more damage and said it would be $2481. I hate to say this, but even though the insurance is paying I want a detailed list of the repairs that they did to my car.
I love the feel of the rental car (a red Chevy Aveo) but I will be so glad to get my car back. The body shop says by the end of this week or at the latest early next.


Here you can see my car is pretty dented from her hitting my car.
here you see the light is off kilter, the grill is messed up and some other damage not so noticeable in the first picture.
and this is her car - hardly a scratch on it. 






---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment