Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Marriage? Is It Right?

Recently, I have been thinking about marriage. My girlfriend is the most wonderful woman I ever met. No other woman I have dated has seemed so perfect to me, as the lady I am dating now. However, is marriage right for us? Now?

Financially, it would be good. Eliminate her rent payment and utilities. Leaving the two of us with just her debt and my debt, as well the utilities I already pay on this house. However, finances is not the only thing to consider for marriage. Even though, for the purpose of this blog, it is a major topic.

Still though other things to consider is:
  • Happiness

  • Although expecting a spouse to make you feel happy all the time is unreasonable, being with the right person can bring happiness and a sense of personal strength to your life.
  • Support and Encouragement for each other

  • If your future spouse says "I love you" not only in words spoken, but by loving actions.

  • They are someone who you like and who is your friend

  • kind, considerate, and polite

  • my current girlfriend is always telling me that I don't need to hold the door open for her, but at the same time she is very appreciative of it.
  • Communication is key

  • The right person will trust you and not monitor your phone calls, or computer usage, or limit the amount of time you spend with others you care about.

  • The right person will trust you and not spy on you


  • I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her. As I said before, she is the most wonderful woman in my life. I want to get this house fixed up for her. Unfortunately, it may mean incurring a little more debt to do so, but some things can't wait, if she is to be in the house to.

    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
    -----

    follow me on Twitter



    No comments:

    Post a Comment