Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome ABC Viewers

Tonight, ABC had the actual story, in which they interviewed me for my credit card destruction video. The story part, of the "New Normal" series that they have been airing was called, Wackiest Ways to Destroy Your Credit Card.

Kevin Surbaugh, who runs a personal finance blog that he started when he first began to dig himself out of debt, said of credit cards, "They are a trap. They charge high interest rates."

So one day he and his friend, Sean Thornton, took out a gas-powered lawnmower and showed their credit cards who's boss.

"We both had credit cards we wanted to get rid of," Surbaugh said.

At one point, he had about $20,000 in credit card and automobile debt. Today, it is roughly $4,000, which Surbaugh plans to pay off by October.

On his plans for the extra cash when his debt disappears, he said, "Build my savings base. I've learned."

And thanks to his video of the lawnmower incident, others might also be learning.

As for Surbaugh, he has one credit card, which is nearly impossible to use: He keeps it in his bank's safe-deposit box.




See the complete story and related video by clicking here.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now. I want to hear your thoughts. Are you new here? Have you visited the site before? What do you think? This is your place to share your thoughts with me.
-----
follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment