Thursday, June 25, 2009

Surviving The Heat Wave


As much of the nation was gripped by a heat wave, we here in Topeka was no different. The temperature outside danced around 100, with Topeka's heat index, being as high as 111.
These days are good days to find air conditioning and stay in doors. For me that is to go to work and enjoy the indoor temperatures there. As my house the first two days never dipped below 95 degrees, even with the fans and dehumidifier running. Finally, on Tuesday, I had enough and went to Kmart, to buy 2 more fans. One a huge powerful fan to help blow some breeze in my kitchen and dinning room areas. The other a box fan, to help suck hot air out through my bedroom window by day, and bring in cooler air at night.

This simple thing dropped the inside temperature to 89 after the first night and this morning after the second night of it, the house temperature was only 86 this morning when I woke up. Much more comfortable then it has been. We still have 48 hours of this extremely early and high temperatures, but I think I will cope with it just fine. Next year, once the car and everything is paid off, I will have been able to save the $2000 to install a central air unit finally.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.
-----
follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment