Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Career? Financial Certification Next Step

Today, I am going to take the first step towards my financial future. As many of you know, I have fallen in love with finances, since starting this blog. So much so, I have considered changing careers and going into the financial industry. Pretty amazing for this 40-year old guy, who grew up hating math in school.

Well, now I have a chance to get into the industry part time. Work it, during my free time away from my current full time job. Later today, I am going to their office and start the process. I will submit my application, and fill out the background information request. Upon paying the $99 background fee, they will check my background. If all goes well, I will be one step closer.

Once I am approved, I will then began studying to get all 3, yes all three of my financial licenses (mortgage, life insurance and securities). Once I get all three, and get my training, I will be able to help people in a much more meaningful way. Not only that, I can potentially do it full time and earn a paycheck.

Of course, commissions is no easy task, so I have already decided that my earnings will go into a special fund, and that they won't be used until the following year after they are earned. In other words, once I earn enough cash working part time to replace my full time job, I will be able to have the cash to live on while I devote full time to it.
There is a concern that I have of this background check. That is question number 5.
Have you, Within the last 10 years, made a compromise with creditor, been the subject of a bankruptcy petition, or had unsatisfied judgments or liens pending against you?


The answer is Yes, I have settled some of my debts in the past 10-years for less then the full amount due. So will, that prevent me from getting hired? I'm not sure, that's why it concerns me. Also my FICO is low, so will that hurt me to? Again not sure. Still, though, I am going for it. It is time to find out and take that step towards having my own business and in turn do something that I have grown to love. Helping people with their finances.

Does that mean I will stop doing this blog? No! It will just mean that I will be more personally qualified in my discussions here.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now. I would love to hear what you think.
-----
follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment