Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah 2008

Hello to my Family, Friends and readers of my financial blog (DebtFree4ever.NET) -

Here we are at Christmas for another year. 2008 is almost over and has been a blessed year in many ways. In others not so much. But, no matter how bad we think we have it, we a very blessed especially here in America. Please watch the video below (for those reading the email, please visit the website).

So as is tradition, lets take a look back at the past year. It has been an interesting and bumpy ride. However, thanks to the some good fortune (and perhaps God's rich blessing) I have made great strides in my financial life.

In May I was promoted to Assistant Store Manager at the grocery store. I went from an hourly employee to salaried. Then on July 13 (yes, my birthday) the store was sold and took on new ownership. The new ownership took me back to hourly. I still kept the position but now I get paid for each of the 55 hours, I put in each week. Thus making my new paycheck slightly larger then it had been when I was salaried.

My debts have fallen. Now I only owe very a small amount on my unsecured debt and my car is almost paid off. I expect to be able to shout "I am debt free," on Dave Ramsey's program in July or Aug 2009.

As for my personal life, I expect to make an announcement in that regards come spring. So, with that, as I make my holiday travels, I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and to those of you who are Jewish a Happy Hanukkah.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment