Friday, July 27, 2012

Time To Pursue the Dream

Two years ago I left Topeka, gave up my comfort zone and what I knew. Amidst harsh criticism of my move and even my marriage at the same-time.  In the process I became debt-free. The past two years have not been easy. This site, especially the blog has floundered, as I really didn't know what to do with it. Even as DebtFree4ever transitioned into WisdomSteps101.
One day recently, after prayer  my wife said that she felt the Holy Spirit tell her that I should pursue my dream of owning my own convenience store. One of the dreams, that I felt I needed to leave Kansas to pursue in the first place. A dream that I have discussed a few times over the years on this very blog. The question was how.
After some time at the grocery store here in Texas, I was asked to fill a spot in the fuel station. Was God preparing me to learn how a fuel station operates? Perhaps. Still my dream would take money. How would I ever see my dream come to fruition?
Then one of the books in the fuel station for station employees to read caught my eye. It was The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson, the author of The Prayer Jabez. In the Dream Giver, he discussed leaving your comfort zone as a first step. Something I obviously did a couple years ago. So far I have read three chapters, in which he talks about facing the hurdles (and the "bullies") that get in the way of your dream and not giving up. That is why I have decided to share my experiences as I pursue my dream.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment