Monday, July 9, 2012

Free Meals all Week for my Birthday

Last night my son-in-law took my wife and I out to eat to celebrate my birthday which is coming up on Friday July 13. We went to Chilies. The kitchen staff got my special ordered "Old-timmer" hamburger wrong so we ended up getting my burger fee. They messed it up by serving me a burger with guacamole on it.  Then as we were finishing up and Eric and his girlfriend paid for the meal the staff came out and sang their version of happy birthday and served me a free desert.
Free birthday desert at Chili's -- Photo by Kevin Surbaugh
In addition this morning my wife and I enjoyed a breakfast at I-Hop thanks to their free birthday meal.
However, that's not all.  I could literally get something for every meal in honor of my birthday all week. Here is a list of the other birthday deals that I am signed up for...
  1. Get a free Blizzard at Dairy Queen by joining DQ Blizzard Fan Club
  2. a free 16-ounce fruit drink for your birthday by joining OJ Quench Club at Orange Julius
  3. a free meal at SouperSalad by joining their Souper Fresh Club.
  4. A free Sundae at Culver's. I hate going to places that serve Pepsi rather then Coke products, but I can suffer though to get a free Sundae.  I must admit their food tastes good, but would be 3x better with a coke then the Pepsi crap they serve. 
  5. Get a Free Grand Slam on the day of your birthday when you sign up for  Denny's Rewards program. Just have to print out the email and show your id to claim your free Grand Slam.
So as you can see it be a full week of great discounts.  If I want I can find more.  Deal Seeking Mom has a complete list.   It would be easy to eat all 21 meals the entire week completely free, especially if someone was single and eating alone and well they don't call me the "Prince of Thrift" for nothing.  It's also a great way to check out places that you have never ate at before as well.  For example, even though I own Berkshire Hathaway I have never been to an Orange Julius in my life.  The freebie for my birthday would be great introduction to this fast food place that I technically am a stock holder of. 
    --- go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think. follow me on Twitter and facebook



    No comments:

    Post a Comment